Wallrock Magnetwall - magnetic wallpaper
Wallrock Magnetwall Wallpaper contains fully enclosed ferrous particles that allow magnets to be attracted to the wall surface. Walls are quickly transformed into a versatile magnetic canvas for creative or practical uses in the home, office or school.
Standard magnets are attracted to the surface, whilst we recommend ‘high strength’ neodymium magnets to hold multiple sheets of paper securely. These magnets are available from us at very reasonable cost.
Each roll is 10 metres long by 0.62 metres wide - much wider than standard wallpaper and therefore offering more coverage.
We recommend using Wallrock Dampstop Thermic Adhesive - 2 to 2.5 kg per roll.
The surface can be left as it is, painted (a primer coat is recommended) or wallpapered to give the finish you want.
Please note that detailed instructions are included with every roll.
Do not attempt to apply in extreme cold or hot conditions - ideally the room should be between five and twenty-five centigrade.
1. It is easier to handle if a strip of Magnet Wallpaper is pre-cut, slightly longer than required.
2. You will need a pencil guideline to work to on the wall. Use a Plumbline , Spirit Level to make sure the guideline is accurate.
3. Use a roller or brush to put a thin layer of glue to the wall surface and to the back of the Magnetwall Wallpaper. Once the adhesive has been applied to both surfaces it is then advised to wait for fifteen to twenty minutes before applying the Magnetwall Wallpaper to the wall. Tip; the paste is a creamy colour and becomes less opaque at the optimum time for application.
4. Using the guide line to help hang the first strip and flatten out gently with a smoothing tool working from the centreline outwards. Note; Excessive force or the wrong tools may damage the surface and detract from its appearance.,
5. Mark a line on the Magnetwall Wallpaper where it needs to to be trimmed to size using a sharp knife or decorating scissors.
Remove any surplus glue from the product surface with warm water adding a little detergent if necessary.
6. When applying further strips be careful not to overlap the product at the seams but do not leave gaps.
Allow at least one full day for drying – longer may be necessary.
7. The surface can be left ‘as is’ painted or overhung with wallpaper
If painting the surface it may be necessary to prime the surface first. We recommend a durable water based paint that can be cleaned more effectively. There are a number of durable emulsion paints on the market that meet this requirement.
Alternatively the surface can be lined over to produce an improved finish using a dimensionally stable lining such as Wallrock Fibreliner Smooth.
8. Job done. Enjoy being creative with your wall!
You can check all our delivery rates and information here.
- We offer FREE next business day delivery for orders over £50 - applies to UK Mainland only.
- All orders received by 2:30 pm are dispatched as a standard next business day delivery - applies to UK Mainland only.
- Orders received after 2:30 pm will be dispatched the following business day.
- We dispatch orders Monday to Friday.
- We offer Saturday delivery at an extra charge.
We hope you’ll be happy with your purchase, but if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, we are always here to help.
If you wish to return all or part of your order you have up to 30 days from the date of purchase.
Any return request will need to be authorised prior to returning the goods:
please contact us on 0800 009 6474 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively you can fill in the form here.
Please read our return policy:
The returned goods must be unopened and in a resalable state with their original box, packing and accessories;
Any goods or accessories that accompany the returned product must also come back to us;
If the return is due to missing or faulty parts then we will offer a full refund or replacement provided we are aware of this within 24 hours of receipt of the goods.
Unless the return is due to a fault or other defect, you will be responsible for covering the return cost;
Once we receive the return, we will inspect it and process your refund between 2 to 3 working days.