Latex Sound Insulation Liner
Latex Sound Insulation Liner is a DIY product, which helps insulate your home against noise pollution. It works well on walls and ceilings and offers improved protection against lower frequency sounds such as the human voice. It’s made using technically advanced microcell latex-foam and is covered with a flat and paintable liner
Will it make any difference?
The product has been tested in a number of environments to support its claims; however, sound doesn't just travel through the walls. The noise coming from the street or the neighbours will travel through the walls as well as through your ceiling and floors and if these aren't insulated they'll act as an amplifier. Please take this into consideration before installing Sound Insulation Liner and potentially consult a specialist who can assess your requirements. The soundproofing benefits, as tested, are as follows:
- Up to 30% at 1000Hz - comparable to talking
- Up to 60% at 2000Hz - comparable to TV or Radio Noise
- Up to 75% at 3000Hz - comparable to a Vacuum Cleaner
- Roll Size: 10m long x 50cm wide and 5mm thick
- Roll coverage: 5m2
- Contains no PVC
- Adhesive: Use Wallrock Thermal Liner Adhesive – 2 to 3kg per roll
- Latex Sound Insulation liner is a paste-the-wall type of product, which means you paste the wall with the adhesive rather than the paper itself
- Because of its thickness, it will cover damaged and rough surfaces
- Don’t overlap subsequent drops - butt-joint instead
- Apply the soft foam side of the liner to the wall
- If using it on a ceiling please apply two layers of adhesive. Apply a thinner layer of the adhesive first and leave it for 5 to 8 minutes to go tacky and then apply another, thicker layer of the adhesive before finally applying the Latex Sound Insulation liner
- Don’t use traditional lining papers or wallpapers. Use paste-the-wall liners. See Finish and Texture below.
Finish and Texture
The surface of the Latex Sound Insulation Liner is flat and ready to paint, but it’s slightly textured, and this might not be to everyone’s liking – always get a sample first. To get a different finish you can consider any of the paste-the-wall products such as:
- Wallrock Fibreliner – flat finish
- Wallrock Fibreliner Plus - smooth finish
- Wallrock Premium – plaster-like finish
- Paste the Wall Lining Paper - cost-effective paste-the-wall option
When planning to use Latex Sound Insulation liner, please consider its thickness (5mm) in relation to the fittings you might have on the walls such as light switches, skirting boards etc.
You can check all our delivery rates and information here.
- We offer FREE next business day delivery for orders over £100 - applies to UK Mainland only.
- All orders received by 2:30 pm are dispatched as a standard next business day delivery - applies to UK Mainland only.
- Orders received after 2:30 pm will be dispatched the following business day.
- We dispatch orders Monday to Friday.
- We offer Saturday delivery at an extra charge.
We hope you’ll be happy with your purchase, but if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, we are always here to help.
If you wish to return all or part of your order you have up to 30 days from the date of purchase.
Any return request will need to be authorised prior to returning the goods:
please contact us on 0800 009 6474 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively you can fill in the form here.
Please read our return policy:
The returned goods must be unopened and in a resalable state with their original box, packing and accessories;
Any goods or accessories that accompany the returned product must also come back to us;
If the return is due to missing or faulty parts then we will offer a full refund or replacement provided we are aware of this within 24 hours of receipt of the goods.
Unless the return is due to a fault or other defect, you will be responsible for covering the return cost;
Once we receive the return, we will inspect it and process your refund between 2 to 3 working days.