Wallrock DampStop Thermic
Wallrock Dampstop Thermic is a completely new, technically superior, zero paper and zero tar content liner. Instead of using paper-based material, Wallrock Dampstop Thermic utilises a very tough, strong, rot-proof and salt-resistant polypropylene backing that will give a long service life which is bonded to a water-resistant composite metallic barrier.
Wallrock Dampstop Thermic will help alleviate the appearance of penetrating damp on internal walls, but we always recommend the root causes are investigated and dealt with. For example, penetrating damp can be caused by blocked gutters and downpipes, poor external wall condition, failing damp proof course and other local factors.
The rot-proof backing is applied directly to the wall with Wallrock Dampstop Thermic Adhesive, effectively blocking off the appearance of unsightly penetrating damp and staining. The metallic surface can then be painted* or lined with one of our thermally efficient wallcoverings, paste the wall lining papers or decorative wallpaper.
Technical Specifications and Application Advice
- Roll size: 7.5m x 67.5cm. The extra width makes the containment of damp areas easier.
- Thickness: approx. 0.3/0.4mm Coverage per roll: 5m2.
- Wallrock Dampstop Thermic is paste-the-wall type of wallcovering.
- Adhesive paste usage: approx. 1kg per roll. Please note the foil surface is not suitable for most types of alternative adhesives. When overhanging with an additional wallcovering you should continue to use the Wallrock Dampstop Thermic Adhesive (over the area of DampStop Thermic) and not an alternative paste, even if a specific product recommends it.
- Apply the rot-proof backing (black side) directly to the wall using the adhesive paste. Drying time approx. 48 hours.
- The metallic surface needs to face the room and can be painted* or overhung using Wallrock Thermal Liners or Wallrock Fibreliners and other wallcoverings.
- *If painting, please note the surface will most likely need priming. Please refer to the paint manufacturer for correct primers that can be used.
- Metallic surface, if left exposed, will also greatly enhance the reflection of heat into the room - making the product especially useful in improving energy efficiency in the home when used behind radiators.
When applying lining paper over Wallrock Dampstop Thermic it can be applied at right angles to the Wallrock Dampstop Thermic which will guarantee seams cannot correspond with those in the Wallrock Dampstop Thermic - we strongly recommend our reinforced linings such as Wallrock Fibreliner. Applying an Insulation Liner over the Wallrock Dampstop Thermic such as Wallrock Thermal Liner, Red Label Insulating Lining Paper or Insulating Lining Paper Graphite will add a noticeable insulation effect and complete the transformation of your damp wall.
Warning: Take care not to allow this product to come into contact with live wires both during and after hanging, because the aluminium Thermic foil is conductive.
You can check all our delivery rates and information here.
- We offer FREE next business day delivery for orders over £50 - applies to UK Mainland only.
- All orders received by 2:30 pm are dispatched as a standard next business day delivery - applies to UK Mainland only.
- Orders received after 2:30 pm will be dispatched the following business day.
- We dispatch orders Monday to Friday.
- We offer Saturday delivery at an extra charge.
We hope you’ll be happy with your purchase, but if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, we are always here to help.
If you wish to return all or part of your order you have up to 30 days from the date of purchase.
Any return request will need to be authorised prior to returning the goods:
please contact us on 0800 009 6474 or via email at email@example.com, alternatively you can fill in the form here.
Please read our return policy:
The returned goods must be unopened and in a resalable state with their original box, packing and accessories;
Any goods or accessories that accompany the returned product must also come back to us;
If the return is due to missing or faulty parts then we will offer a full refund or replacement provided we are aware of this within 24 hours of receipt of the goods.
Unless the return is due to a fault or other defect, you will be responsible for covering the return cost;
Once we receive the return, we will inspect it and process your refund between 2 to 3 working days.